Adult DBT Groups
A group Adult DBT workshop will be running at The Couch (Practice of Psychology and Psychiatry) over 6 weeks, with bi-weekly 1 hour and 30 minute sessions. This outpatient group will be facilitated by Clinical Psychologist Kayleigh Green.
Sessions will take place on:
Tuesdays from 16:30 - 18:00 & Saturdays from 10:30 - 12:00.
The workshop will focus on the four main modules of DBT: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
Participating individuals will experience and learn:
- Greater impulse control
- Affect (emotional) regulation
- Distress tolerance
- Breaking negative behavioural patterns
- Reducing the potential for self-destructive behaviour
- Anxiety and stress management
- Building self-esteem
- Curtailing reckless behaviour
- Improved decision making skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness (personal relationship and social skills)
- Self-acceptance and awareness
- Effective communication with self and others
For our DBT group sessions, the total cost is R16 000. This amount includes an intake session along with 12 bi-weekly sessions. A deposit is usually required after the intake session occurs and DBT group sessions are deemed a good fit. This deposit amounts to R4 000 (intake + first 2 sessions). The follow-ups will thereafter be R1 200 per session. Kindly note intakes cost R1 600. You will be able to claim a portion back from your medical aid.
Should you be interested or require more information regarding the workshop:
Call us: 011 234 0741