HPCSA no. PS0144266
I am a registered Clinical Psychologist that assists individuals/couples/families with psychological, emotional, and behavioural difficulties and challenges. Psychotherapy is a medium of talk therapy, which facilitates a process of development and personal growth.
Over the last few years, I have worked with patients at George Mukhari Hospital, Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital, Randgate Community Clinic, Kagiso Community Clinic, and Sterkfontein Psychiatric Hospital. I have experience working in the Trauma Ward, Para-suicide Ward, Acute and Chronic Psychiatric Units, Forensics Unit, and the Dual-Diagnosis Unit, which included rehabilitation for substance use.
The mode of therapy I practice is psychodynamic in nature with a humanistic approach. This means that the therapeutic aim is to identify internal conflicts which the patient may be unaware of that manifests and hinders present behaviour. The goal is assisting the patient to gain self-awareness, insight, and an understanding of how past experiences influences present behaviour.
- BA Health Sciences and Social Services in Psychological Counselling (UNISA)
- BA Honours in Psychology (UNISA)
- MSc in Clinical Psychology (Sefako Makgato Health Sciences University)
Areas of interest
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar)
- Anxiety disorders (Phobias, OCD)
- Relationship difficulties
- Personality Disorders
- Trauma (Post-Traumatic Stress disorder)
- Grief & Bereavement
- Parental Alienation Syndrome (Individual therapy/Group therapy)